Caroline Ashe Your Source in Augusta, GA Real Estate March 19th, 2009
The Elegant Augusta Real Estate Team has listed a fabulous Summerville House. The exterior is a classic Spanish Style with terracotta roof tile. The home is beautifully landscaped and has an inviting front entrance. The interior features 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and all of the charm we expect from a Summerville cottage. Just a few of the features are:
- High ceilings with crown moldings
- Arched doorways
- Updated kitchen with granite counter tops
- Stainless Steel appliances (including a refrigerator, which stays with the home)
- Modern baths
- Stacked stone fireplaces
- Private backyard
- Beautiful hardwood floors, and a great floor plan.
No need to even worry about extra storage, this little charmer has a basement (rare in the South!) to house all your extra stuff. The home is 1 1/2 miles from the Medical College of Georgia, and would be perfect for someone looking for a short commute. When you walk into this Hill cottage there is no doubt that the home has been lovingly updated and is ready for you to move in! All of this offered at $229,999.
To get a better view of this house online, you may visit the virtual tour…
To schedule a viewing or ask detailed questions, feel free to call me @ 803-270-5005 or Susan MacEwen at 706-294-6795.
Update: I have added a widget that might be helpful for buyers not familiar with the area. It’s called a ‘walkscore’ and it is below. Use the arrows in the category lists to cycle through locations. The arrows in the map will allow you to resize or zoom the map. I hope you find it helpful!!
Caroline Ashe Your Source in Augusta, GA Real Estate March 15th, 2009
Hello to all of my blog readers! It has been very difficult to update the Elegant Augusta Real Estate Blog frequently. My new baby boy keeps me busy, and between him and business it has been hard to write blog posts. But he has provided me with some inspiration… I have learned that real estate and babies have some things in common! Here are my top 10 ways babies are like real estate:
- Showing 40+ homes in Augusta’s July heat; or 12 hours of labor. Both make you hot and sweaty, make you want to strangle the person who put you in this position, and in the end are a pain in the rear (pun intended…)
- Helpless baby who must depend on you for everything; or helpless Realtor on the other side of a transaction who can’t fill out a form properly or turn their documents in to the lender or lawyer. I will take the baby!
- Pacifiers – cute little plastic objects babies suck on to make them feel better. Margaritas – adult pacifier to make the weary Realtor feel better.
- Real estate is expensive. Babies, even MORE expensive…
- Real estate negotiation is all about getting the best deal so no one cries; negotiation with a cranky baby is impossible – someone is always crying!
- Real estate can be a dirty business, but babies are WAAAAY dirtier!!
- Dealing with demanding clients is like having a baby poot on you – it just STINKS but you have to laugh.
- Touring homes for sale and taking care of babies results in lots of hand washing. You can never escape sticking your hand in some kind of mystery goo.
- Eventually, someone always gets peed on. Real estate, figuratively; babies, literally.
- When someone gives a big smile after buying their first house, it is a great moment. Just like when your baby looks up at you and smiles – which is always a fantastic moment.
I hope you enjoyed my list! We all need some humor sometimes. If you need help buying or selling your home in the Augusta area, please give me a call!