Caroline Ashe Your Source in Augusta, GA Real Estate June 4th, 2012
City of Augusta, GA Realeases Augusta Maps App
AUGUSTA, Ga., May 31, 2012 – The City of Augusta Information Technology Department has released Augusta Maps, an app which enables users to search property records by owner, address, subdivision and parcel number. The app returns search results including property details, values, etc. Additionally, the user can choose between a 2010 Aerial Photo view or a Parcel Map view. 2011-2012 property sales layers are available as well.
Some additional features of the app:
- • Locate your current location by GPS to identify the parcel you are standing on
- • Search by owner name, address, subdivision, or parcel id
- • Email a link pointing directly to a parcel
- • Universal app for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
You can download the app from the App Store, accessible from the Augusta web site at: http://www.augustaga.gov/index.aspx?NID=1593
The IT Department developed the app using tools provided by ESRI, the worldwide market leader in Geographic Information System (GIS) Technology. Visit them at www.esri.com.
The Augusta Maps app is distributed by the Augusta, Georgia Information Technology Department. For support please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 706-821-2524.
Augusta can now say, “we have an app for that!” The new Augusta Maps app is something cool and new and continues to show Augusta is moving right along with these technology times we live in!
Caroline Ashe Your Source in Augusta, GA Real Estate April 23rd, 2012
Tips For Augusta GA Home Buyers
- Be a Pre-Approved Buyer: A pre-approved buyer always has the advantage in an offer situation. Becoming pre-approved is very easy: you complete your loan application with a credit check prior to beginning your home search process. Pre-approval means that you have actually been approved for the purchase by a lender, which gives you the edge in home purchase negotiating.
- Beat The Competition to The Best New Listings: The search process can be both fun and trying. You will notice that some homes sell very fast and others hang around for long periods of time. The best homes at the best prices sell fast. Keeping on top of this is essential. Connect with me and I can set up automated NEW LISTING ALERTS or Click Here to set up your own. NEW LISTING ALERTS right to your email!
- Do The Research: Make yourself a “home value expert.” Investigate the areas and price ranges for the kind of home you are looking for. Get a good idea of the price ranges these homes sell for and how long the market time is for them. Your agent is a great asset here.
- Have Your Offer Presented in Person: Your agent represents you and your best interests. To adequately do this, make sure that your home offer is presented by them directly to the seller. The personal touch will give you the edge. Your agent also might pick up critical information during this meeting.
- Prove That You Are a Serious Buyer: The best way to accomplish this is with strong earnest money. This might mean that you put 5% or more down to get the sellers attention.
- Don’t Go Crazy: Even in a hot market, be cool and calculated with your decisions. A knowledgeable agent can really help you here. Your home purchase may be your single largest investment. It is important to make sure that you get the best deal possible. Overpaying now will make it harder to get your value back when you sell.
Keep Your Offer Simple and Clean: Make sure that your contract to purchase is simple, clean and not bogged down with unnecessary contingencies, especially repairs. Keep the time frames of repairs and responses to a minimum. The cleaner your offer, the more interested the seller will become. This may help you purchase the property at the best price.
Don’t Wing It Alone: What you need most in today’s complex marketplace is an experienced and professional real estate agent who represents your interests only. No matter how heated the competition or the negotiations, a professional agent will represent your best interests, keep you from paying too much and help you maximize your investment.
Are you looking for an agent to represent you and your best interests? You, the home buyer, pay nothing for a professional agent. Their fees are paid for by the seller. Click here to contact me today and find out how I can help you find the most house for the best price.
Connect with Me Online!
Peek at Properties – Click Here
Caroline Ashe Your Source in Augusta, GA Real Estate April 12th, 2012
When people think of the south and Augusta, GA, they think hospotality and a slightly lower pace. The Partridge Inn is Augusta’s best example of both! The historic landmark has a rich history as “The Grand Hotel of the Classic South” hosting presidents, dignateries and well-to-do Northerners (know as ‘snowbirds’ in their time) in it’s hayday in the early 1900′s.
Located in Augusta, GA’s on the ’hill’ in the popular Summerville neighborhood at 2110 Walton Way Augusta, GA 30904 www.partridgeinn.com 706-737-8888
Today The Partridge Inn offers award-winning dining, beautiful unique hotel accommodations and southern hospitality service. The Partridge Inn also offers many meeting rooms for community events and wedding or special occasion gatherings. Outdoor venues like The Partridge Inn’s Courtyard and Penthouse Sun Deck are popular spots for local events that need a WOW factor!
The Partridge Inn offers:
- 145 Rooms and Suites
- Quarter mile of verandas and balconies
- Swimming pool and fitness center
- Golf privileges at Augusta’s best golf courses
Dates in The Partridge Inn’s History:
- 1836 – built as a private residence
- 1892 purchased by Morris Partridge, a visitor to Augusta from the North
- 1910 – large renovation takes place adding 60 rooms
- 1980′s – The Partridge Inn was slated for demolition, but after the Augusta community fought along side activist, politicians and investor, the historic Augusta landmark was saved.
- 2006 – muitimillion dollar renovation completed