Caroline Ashe Your Source in Augusta, GA Real Estate April 9th, 2012
Having a Successful Open House – Tips for Buyers, Sellers and Agents!
It’s that time of year again – Spring! And that means let’s sell some real estate people! If you are a seller, you are making your home SHINE! If you are busy buyer, you are out to find a DEAL! And if you are a Realtor (like me), you are pulling out ALL THE STOPS to sell some houses over the next few months! I find a key to my summer marketing plan are OPEN HOUSES! I’ve found better traffic and more buyer’s ready to buy than any other time of the year! Good for us all!
Here are a few OPEN HOUSE TIPS to make every one’s efforts a success, whether you are a buyer, a seller or a fellow Realtor!
Open House Tips for Sellers:
- Don’t just Spring clean…DEEP CLEAN!
- Refresh the landscaping front and back.
- Good time to pressure wash and remove all the dust, dirt and cobwebs.
- Refresh your home’s price, if needed. Sometimes only a small adjustment can make a BIG difference.
- Talk your open house “up” to neighbors, co-workers and friends.
- Have a flexible Sunday time, 1pm – 4pm or 2pm-5pm work best in the Augusta market.
Open House Tips for Buyers:
- Ask questions! It’s a great time to have an agent knowledgeable about the home to answer your questions right away.
- If you are working with a Buyer’s Agent, tell the open house agent.
- Open closet and cabinet doors, get a good look while you are there, if you are interested in the home.
- Give the open house agent feedback on the home. An organized open house will have feedback cards available for you to complete before you leave.
Open House Tips for Realtors: (some of my MUST DO’s)
- Schedule the open house at least 2 weeks in advance and start PROMOTING anywhere and everywhere, online, social media, blogs. Blanchard and Calhoun also has all of their week’s open house online by Thursday!
- Invite the neighbors. Make the open house a special event for your seller and the neighbors! Hand delivering invitations to the seller’s closest neighbor’s is a classy touch.
- Put all directional signs out by Wednesday or Thursday of the open house week.
For a successful open house it takes a team effort and the Realtor, the sellers and the buyers play a key role! Whether you are buying or selling this Spring or in the future, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Connect with Me Online!