Caroline Ashe Your Source in Augusta, GA Real Estate April 12th, 2012
When people think of the south and Augusta, GA, they think hospotality and a slightly lower pace. The Partridge Inn is Augusta’s best example of both! The historic landmark has a rich history as “The Grand Hotel of the Classic South” hosting presidents, dignateries and well-to-do Northerners (know as ‘snowbirds’ in their time) in it’s hayday in the early 1900′s.
Today The Partridge Inn offers award-winning dining, beautiful unique hotel accommodations and southern hospitality service. The Partridge Inn also offers many meeting rooms for community events and wedding or special occasion gatherings. Outdoor venues like The Partridge Inn’s Courtyard and Penthouse Sun Deck are popular spots for local events that need a WOW factor!
The Partridge Inn offers:
- 145 Rooms and Suites
- Quarter mile of verandas and balconies
- Swimming pool and fitness center
- Golf privileges at Augusta’s best golf courses
Dates in The Partridge Inn’s History:
- 1836 – built as a private residence
- 1892 purchased by Morris Partridge, a visitor to Augusta from the North
- 1910 – large renovation takes place adding 60 rooms
- 1980′s – The Partridge Inn was slated for demolition, but after the Augusta community fought along side activist, politicians and investor, the historic Augusta landmark was saved.
- 2006 – muitimillion dollar renovation completed